Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to every quotation and agreement between Status Medal and the client to whom Status Medal has applied these terms and conditions to, to the extent that none of the parties have deviated from the terms and conditions in expressed writing. These terms and conditions have been written for both the client as well as the employees and the board of directors of Status Medal. In case something in the terms and conditions is unclear, further clarification needs to happen according to these provisions. In case a situation occurs between the parties that is not described in the terms and conditions, the situation needs to be judged according to these provisions. When Status Medal does not require strict compliance of these terms and conditions at all times, this does not mean that the provisions do not apply, or that Status Medal loses its right to require strict compliance of the provisions in other situations.
Article 1 Application
- These terms and conditions apply to requests, offers and agreements whereby Status Medal is a party, unless a written agreement says otherwise.
Article 2 Agreement
- Agreements and further agreements which have not been put in writing are not binding for Status Medal until Status Medal has confirmed these in writing.
- The obligations of Status Medal are confirmed in writing and are limited to what has been agreed on in writing.
Article 3 Quotation and Coming to an Agreement
- All quotations from Status Medal can be requested via the contact form on the website and are non-commital. In case there is no acceptance term stated, no rights can be derived from the quotation.
- The product on offer is based on information given by the client, which Status Medal may trust is correct and complete.
- An agreement is reached when the client and Status Medal accept and sign the “order confirmation.”
- The prices stated in the quotation are in US Dollars and include VAT, as well as other cost impositions, import rights and travel-, stay-, shipment- and administration costs.
- Quotations are not automatically valid for orders in the future.
Article 4 Client Collaboration
- The client will collaborate with Status Medal and give Status Medal timely information and details for the fulfilment of the of the agreement.
- The client is responsible for the correctness, completeness and reliability of the information given to Status Medal, also when this information comes from third parties. In case of deception by the client will the quotation be withdrawn. When the Status Medal has been issued, it will be removed from the official ranking.
- In case the fulfilment of the agreement is being delayed because the client does not meet his/her obligations as mentioned in article 4.1 and 4.2, the resulting extra costs are to be paid by the client and Status Medal will be qualified to charge for the extra necessary work this needs.
Article 5 Execution
- By the execution of the agreement, Status Medal is obligated to perform its tasks by the high quality standards of excellent craftsmanship.
- Status Medal will take personal wishes and preferences of the client into account with regards to completing the order, if Status Medal judges these wishes as desirable for an excellent end product.
- In case the execution demands it, Status Medal reserves the right to have certain work done by third parties.
Article 6 Changes
- Parties cannot agree on changes or extensions with regards to the approach and size of the agreement and work that results from this interim signing the agreements and the production process.
Article 7 Price and Payment
- The price of the Status Medal is depended on currency exchanges and the most recent value and price of gold.
- The price is stated in US Dollars.
- Payment needs to be completed and received within 14 days after the quotation date by the client. The payment should be transferred by bank and paid into the Status Medal business account.
- The client has to pay 20% of the total price in advance, unless the parties have agreed on something else in writing.
- In case the client does not pay the amount due in the agreed timeframe, he or she is in default. Status Medal is authorised to relinquish the matter, in which case the client will still be responsible for paying the amount due, but also for paying extrajudicial costs, of which the amount will be set to 15% of the total amount due and any legal costs.
- In case the client objects to an invoice of Status Medal, he or she should give notice of this within 14 days of the date displayed on the invoice. This objection needs to be expressed in writing. In case the client has not done this, Status Medal can assume that the client has approved the invoice.
Article 8 Product
- The Status Medal is presented in a luxurious cassette with certificates.
- The Status Medal is made of 18 karat gold and comes from Joure, ISO/IEC 17020 en NEN-EN-ISO/IEC 17025 ew, based in The Netherlands.
- Diamonds fall under the responsible jewellery council. This means that the processing and production is done by taking human rights, environmental rules and employees into account. Diamonds that are not associated with negative environmental impact, or unethical origins receive an ISO 9001:2008 certificate. These diamonds receive the quality mark CCM (Common Control Mark) and fall under the convention of Wenen.
Article 9 Terms
- Exceedance of an agreed delivery term does not give the client the right to cancel the agreement, the purchase, nor the payment for the services.
Article 10 Ascendancy
- In case of ascendancy, the delivery and other obligations of Status Medal postponed. In that case, Status Medal is obligated to deliver as soon as possible. Ascendancy contains unforeseen circumstances with regards to people and materials which Status Medal needs to execute the production process. In case the execution and production becomes impossible because of these unforeseen circumstances of which Status Medal has no control, it cannot be expected that Status Medal can still deliver within the agreed time frame.These circumstances can occur in company, traffic or transport disruptions, lacking or missing materials, strike actions or obstructions by third parties.
Article 11 Retention
- What is agreed on delivering by Status Medal as written in the agreement belongs to Status Medal until the client has met all the obligations as agreed upon in writing.
- The Status Medal will be delivered in person, with the exception of conflict areas and war zones.
- The delivery from Status Medal which follows under 11.1 Article Retention may never be sold on or used as payment.
Article 12 Cancellation
- Status Medal holds the right to cancel an agreement completely in case of deception or after receiving wrong information. In those circumstances Status Medal has to inform the client about the cancellation in writing. The client is in this case not able to receive compensation of any kind.
- After signing all the agreements and order confirmations, the client cannot cancel the order and has no right to receive a refund.
Article 13 Warranty
- By normal usage (wearing suit pins and displaying the medal) of Status Medal products, the items will not get damaged, which is why Status Medal does not offer warranty.
- Status Medal aims to provide good customer service, in case items are damaged Status Medal can provide new items in exchange for a fee. All costs made are to be paid for by the client.
Article 14 Final Provision
- Status Medal is authorised to change these terms and conditions. The most recent version will be applicable.
- These terms and conditions are filed by the Kamer van Koophandel (Chamber of Commerce).